Hey there.! looking to learn Easy pose in yoga, then you are at the right place. As we know finding the right guide in learning yoga is very important. In this article, I will walk you through step by step guide to easy pose, its benefits, and practice timings.
What is Easy Pose?
Easy pose is simply crossed leg sitting position which you might have seen in Bollywood movies while actors were enjoying their meal. Easy pose is also commonly known as ‘sukhasana‘ (soo-kaha-saa-naa). The Sanskrit word sukhasana itself is self-explanatory, formed by combining the words ‘sukha’ (Pleasure) and ‘asana’ (posture). This is the base position for all other meditative poses.
Indians sit very often in this position in day-to-day lifestyle but if you are from countries where you are used sit on a chair you might find this pose somewhat difficult in beginning. Don’t worry follow step by step guide provided below to master the Easy pose.
|Name of Yoga Pose||Easy Pose (Sukhasana)|
- Start observing your flow of breathing.
- Sit on the yoga mat with your legs stretched out in front of you.
- Cross your legs at the ankle, and put your right leg below the left thigh, your left leg below the right thigh. Make sure your soles are touching your thighs.
- Based on the foundation of the crossed leg, Now bring length to your spine by stretching your back up.
- Place your palms facing down on your respective knees.
- Close your eyes and focus on your breath with the length of your spine maintained.
- Maintain this position for 4 minutes at least with a focus on your breathing.
Precautions and Safety
- If you start feeling numbness in your legs or knees, unfold the crossed legs and stretch out your legs in front of you. Give 3-4 minutes until numbness disappears, and you are ready to get started again. You can feel this numbness until you get used to this pose.
- Don’t perform this pose if you have undergone knee surgery in the last 3 months.
- The pregnant woman should also avoid easy pose after 2 months of pregnancy.
Benefits of Practicing Easy Pose
Easy pose is considered as a base pose of meditation and yoga lessons. So you must try to master it within 1 week of starting your yoga journey.
Benefits of this pose include
- Helps to master control of the flow of breathing.
- Relaxes and brings strength to the back.
- Enhances the capacity of the lungs.
- Helps soothe neck and back aches.
Learning easy pose is mandatory for progressing in the yogic journey. Now that you have step by step guide, do practice it for at least a week along with breathing exercises.
Read More: Master other yoga poses here
From where to start learning Yoga online?
Start by reading blogs related to yoga like imaginesouls.com, and also watch youtube videos to get some basic idea of yoga.
Which yoga poses beginner must learn?
Every beginner should learn to master some basic yoga poses like Easy pose, Lotus pose, Fish pose, crow pose, Boat pose, Mountain Pose
5 thoughts on “How to do Easy Pose in Yoga (Sukhasana)”
Howdy just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The words in your article seem to be running off the screen in Opera.
I’m not sure if this is a format issue or something to
do with browser compatibility but I thought I’d post to let you know.
The style and design look great though! Hope you get the issue solved soon. Many thanks